Date: Summer 2022
Department: Finance and Operations
Reports to: Controller
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and general accounting for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley (HEBSV). This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. and ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the preparation of corporate tax documents. The Accounting Manager will have contact with junior-level accountants, the Controller and other departments.
Essential Functions of Position:
Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
Prepare quarterly and year-end GAAP financial statements for Board and audit review and approval.
Ensure the quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
Assist in preparation of the Cash Management Report and New Market Tax Credits by preparing cash adjustments.
Manage workload calendar and client appointments to help meet the goals of the organization and serve the client effectively.
Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded in a timely manner in appropriate accounts and in accordance with GAAP with monthly journal entries.
Prepare quarterly G/L adjustments and complex G/L reconciliations.
Prepare schedules for annual financial audit.
Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly or quarterly, as appropriate, in order to ensure the accuracy and integrity of HEBSV’s financial records.
Prepare information for corporate tax documents.
Prepare staff payroll.
Provide financial information for fundraising and project funding requests and reports.
- Support Controller with special projects and adhoc reports.
- Collaborates with the other departments to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Multi-company accounting
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Five to seven years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a non-profit and/or construction or mortgage firm is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with SAGE 300 for Construction and Real Estate is a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
To be successful as a member of the Habitat team, you will also:
- Have a passion for the Habitat mission and a strong desire to impact a growing nonprofit organization.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker and not afraid to try something new & inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Office Role: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position is currently a hybrid position.
Work Environment/ Physical Requirements:
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and stand or bend, as necessary.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.