Assistant ReStore Manager
Date: March 2019
Department: ReStore (Finance & Operations)
Reports to: ReStore Manager-Oakland
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of store management, the Assistant ReStore Manager (ARM) is responsible for the protection of company assets. The Assistant ReStore Manager customer service and oversight of front-of -store activities in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Protection of company assets
- Establish and maintain a professional environment, ensuring the best possible experience for customers and volunteers
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures through proper handling of all transactions and corresponding documentation (i.e. refunds, check approval, employee discounts, price overrides, gift certificates and any other transactions requiring supervisory involvement)
- Training and supervision of floor volunteers
- Maintaining merchandising standards for register end caps and display cabinets
- Maintaining neat, organized and safe front end/service desk area
- Timely communication to store management of any issues
- Damages and returns are handled daily according to established company procedure
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with a friendly, calm and consistent demeanor
- Ability to supervise others while remaining individually productive
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to train and coach others
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language a plus skills.
- Know and understand the Habitat mission and your role in it
- Good customer service & communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Show initiative/work independently
- Minimum 6 months supervisory and customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in related retail environment preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation. Qualified applicant must be able to set and operate a ticket gun, cut case merchandise, count money, lift merchandise weighing up to 35 pounds, sign merchandise, display product on shelves and on the sales floor up to 6 feet, and climb up and down ladders. Qualified applicant also must offer flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform these duties.
- Stand for 4 hour shifts (with periodic breaks)
- Must have the ability to safely lift 35 lbs
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: HR@habitatebsv.org