ReStore Concord Manager
Date: Summer 2020
Department: ReStore (Finance & Operations)
Reports to: Director of Retail Operations
Classification: Full time, Exempt
The ReStore Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of our retail store. This demanding role is both head salesperson and team leader for the staff and volunteers committed to this fundraising enterprise. All proceeds generated support of the goals and mission of Habitat for Humanity East Bay Silicon Valley.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Concord ReStore
- Enforces, implements and reviews policies and procedures for the safe, secure and high quality performance of ReStore duties and activities.
- Acts to ensure that all donors, customers, and volunteers are treated equally, fairly, and with dignity
- Oversees, participates in store display, arrangement of items and best utilization of the available space and uses inventory control system to ensure appropriate turnover of aging stock.
- Oversees scheduling of all store activities including staff schedules, volunteer schedules, auctions and other special events.
- Attends appropriate HEBSV meetings
- Prepare monthly store operational report for the Director of Retail Operations regarding progress, implementation of plans and planning
- Ensure that all areas of the store /offices/warehouse are clean and safe
- Work to continually improve the overall appearance of our facility and maximize our efficiency
- Work with landlord to ensure that necessary repairs are reported and addressed
- Develop relationships with other area ReStore Managers to identify “best practices” and programs that are mutually beneficial.
- Devise/implement strategic plan for ReStore growth with Director of Retail Operations
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Retail Operations
- Regularly reviews the financial transactions in the ReStore.
- Develops an annual budget and ensure operation within the budget
- Develop pricing guidelines and enforce them
- Maintains sales, accounting and banking records for the ReStore.
- Ensures records correctly kept and donors appropriately tracked.
- Tracks sales data to determine customer items in demand; Maintains donor database to assure that donors are tracked and appreciated for their support.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, and POS software
- Ability to operate office equipment, trucks, warehouse and other equipment
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic; able to work with and motivate people with diverse backgrounds and capabilities
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods over a large warehouse environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers with capability to perform most store activities.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact, and demonstrate good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to climb stairs or ladders
- Commitment to a safe, secure, attractive and friendly work environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of building materials and their use in residential and commercial applications helpful.
- Retail sales experience a plus
- Good customer service skills a must
- Ability to present the Habitat message to potential donors
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Connections in the construction business helpful
- Know the Habitat strategic plan and understand your role in it
- Know Habitat’s mission and history
- Know and understand the relationship between Habitat, Habitat Affiliates and Habitat International
- S. Diploma or equivalent
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Some travel required.
Typical Work Week: Forty (40 to 45) hours per week. Flexibility is a must as your shift may vary based on the needs of the operation.
Written evaluations will be provided at 3, 6 and 12 months after start date of employment. The (DRO) will be responsible for writing these evaluations and discussing their contents. Subsequent written evaluations will be given annually.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.