Date: Winter 2022 - 2023
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Department: Development & Communication
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Habitat for Humanity’s Vision:
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and creative individual to join our Marketing and Communications team as our Digital Marketing Coordinator. This role will support Habitat’s digital marketing strategies and initiatives to raise funds, increase awareness, and drive engagement online. Together with the Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Specialist will create and implement digital tactics including social media, email marketing campaigns, website management, data and analytics, and paid search.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Social Media Marketing:
- Manage and grow all Habitat EBSV’s social communities to increase awareness and opportunities for connection.
- Consistently create, schedule, and publish engaging content that aligns with Marketing’s content calendar.
- Respond to messages and engage with comments and mentions
- Oversee the creation and management of ad campaigns
- Website Management:
- Monitor the Habitat website on an ongoing basis to ensure the site is optimized and updated.
- Manage and implement website development projects across multiple teams.
- Ensure our website’s content and functionality reflects with our brand values such as accessibility, inclusivity, and innovation.
- Email Marketing:
- Grow Habitat’s email marketing strategies into a tool to communicate Habitat’s transformative impact with the right message, sent at the right time, and to the right people.
- Assist in creating, implementing, and managing email marketing strategies such as Habitat’s monthly newsletter, segmentation, A/B testing and re-engagement campaigns.
- Produce and manage donor and volunteer welcome and appreciation drip campaigns.
- Work closely with our development team to maintain a clean and optimized email database.
- Content Creation:
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to create and maintain Habitat’s content calendar.
- Coordinate content needs and suggestions across teams.
- Draft communications across digital channels such as blogs, posts, forms, and emails.
- Create or support the creation of visual assets such as photography, videography, graphic design to grow and support the visual expression of Habitat’s brand online.
- Data Analysis:
- Use tools such as Google Analytics, HubSpot, and Meta for Business to pull an analyze KPI metrics for all digital marketing efforts.
- Build reports and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Be an active member of the Marketing & Events team.
- Regularly report out and solicit feedback from team on current and future work
- Work closely with other teams to coordinate online marketing efforts that will support their goals.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum one years' experience in social media and/or digital marketing or a related field required, 2 years preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Extensive experience managing website and email platforms. An understanding of Hubspot is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva.
Skills: You are…
- Able to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- A strong writer with a creative eye.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with people across multiple locations and job functions.
- Passionate about branding and digital marketing.
- A self-starter and a collaborative team player simultaneously.
- Eager to keep learning and stay knowledgeable of the latest policies, trends, and technology.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Primarily office work, some travel within our service area of Contra Costa, Alameda, and Santa Clara counties will be required. Occasional night and weekend meetings and events as needed. Partial remote work is also possible.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.