Family Services Coordinator
AmeriCorps National Position
Positions Available: 1
11 month commitment starting in September 3, 2019
Monday - Friday / 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Selection Specialist
Location: This position is will be based out of our Oakland.
This member position will build and maintain the pipeline of homeowner families by leading the efforts to familiarize them with our home repair opportunities, educate the families about program requirements and the homeownership process. serve as the. This member will be the point of contact for all homeowner families and mentors as each family goes through the process. This member position is designed to move us substantially forward in accomplishing the affiliate’s goals of providing more affordable, decent homes for our community through our home repair program.
Program Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with homeowner family applicants for expanded housing products such as A Brush With Kindness (ABWK) or critical home repair (CHR).
- Assist Family Services staff in responding to calls and emails inquiring about homeownership in a timely manner, and promptly mail information packets to prospective applicants.
- Conduct applicant orientations and assist families in the completion of the housing application.
- Assist Family Services staff in making all follow-up and clarification calls on homeowner applications.
- Prepare monthly summaries on homeowner family progress for staff.
- Become familiar with homeowner files to be able to answer day-to-day questions.
- Assist Family Services and Construction staff with collecting needed family information to prepare for closings.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong research skills
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
- Experience working as a member of a team
- A second language is highly desirable, with preferred language being Spanish or Chinese.
- Public speaking experience
- Marketing experience
- Knowledge of community development practices
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is an AmeriCorps National Direct position. To learn more about AmeriCorps, please visit www.americorps.gov
Habitat AmeriCorps commit to 11 months of full-time service and receive the following benefits:
- Living allowance of $15,570
- A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($6,095)
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service for qualified loans
- Optional Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Worker's Compensation
- Due to the high cost of living in the Bay Area, Habitat EBSV provides a minimum $1,000 monthly rental stipend to supplement living costs. Members who have formerly served with a Habitat affiliate may be eligible for an additional rental and/or educational stipend.
To apply: CLICK HERE
Please note that acceptance into the program is subject to official position approval, a background check prior to start and applicant approval from Habitat for Humanity International.
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We revitalize neighborhoods, build affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empower families through successful homeownership. Since 1986, we have partnered with volunteers, the community, and qualified families with limited incomes to strengthen communities in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties.