ReStore Logistics Call Center Assistant
Date: Summer 2019
Reports to: ReStore Logistics Team
Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt
The Logistic Call Center Assistant (LCCA) will act as the primary donor / client facing representative on behalf of the Habitat ReStore organization. As an integral part of the Logistics Team, the LCCA coordinates with prospective donors to facilitate the acquisition of qualified donated products and materials for resale by the ReStores. This is a solutions oriented role seeking what is best for the donor / client while insuring Habitat receives the best mix of materials suited for store resale.
Essential Program Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with donors via phone / email to screen materials and facilitate acquisition of qualified donations
- Find solutions for the donor. Help the donor identify other options if the ReStore cannot accommodate
- Maintain timely communication with donors: answering inbound calls, returning missed calls and replying to written correspondence within 1 business day
- Manage relationships proactively and with professionalism
- Schedule pickups and coordinate with Logistics team to procure donations
- Maintain donor database and supply donor acknowledgements by mail or email
- Administrative support including dashboard statistics, IRS documentation and budget adherence
- Work as an integral part of the ReStore Logistics team
- Know the Habitat mission and history.
- Occasional weekday evenings and weekends needed to balance workload
- Must have temperament that can handle high volume of customer service calls - requires patience
- Requires sitting for long hours and answering phone calls
- Meet / exceed target customer service standards in regards to call answer rates, responsiveness to voicemails/written communication, etc.
- Maximize Logistics Contribution – ReStore revenue less total logistics expense – a shared Logistics team measure
- Meet / exceed expectations in regards to material qualification reflected in rate at which items are declined at the time of pick-up
- Ensure that trucks are fully scheduled and running at capacity in order to maximize the value of donated material
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Training / experience in customer service
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly with donors, volunteers, and customers
- Retail industry, supply chain or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple databases and adapt to new technology
Written evaluations will be provided at 3 and 12 months after start date of employment. Subsequent written evaluations will be given annually.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.