Playhouse Event Specialist - Part Time
Date: Spring 2019 Department: DCD
Classification: Part Time (20hrs), Non-Exempt Reports to: Playhouse Program Manager
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Playhouse Event Specialist (PES) will be responsible for supporting HEBSV’s Playhouse Program throughout the East and South Bay. The PES will coordinate as needed with other HEBSV staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting on Playhouse Builds & Prep Groups: Provide instruction and guidance during team building exercises centered around building playhouses which in turn are donated. Provide instruction and guidance to prep groups that cut and paint parts for future builds;
- Teach Proper Tool Use: Use various tools to cut, paint, and assemble playhouses. Teach proper use of power tools such as table saw, circular saw, compound miter saw, router, drill. Teach how to roof a house;
- Interface With Public: Be a public ambassador for the Playhouse Program and Habitat for Humanity. Interface with corporate, church and secular groups. Meet and introduce recipient families and non-profit representatives receiving the playhouses;
- Organization, Inventory & Procedures: Ensure the shop and job site is organized and clean. Communicate to supervisor when materials and supplies run low. Maintain all relevant files. Follow appropriate procedures relating to injuries and volunteer engagement.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent people skills; Strong oral, public presentation and written communication skills;
- Some college is preferred;
- Construction or woodworking experience is a plus but not required;
- Ability to multi-task, work effectively under pressure, and to seek creative solutions to situations;
- Effective time management skills;
- Detail-oriented but flexible to accepting alternatives and make adjustments when the situation calls for it;
- Commitment to the Habitat mission to create homeownership opportunities for low income families.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
HEBSV Playhouse Program is expanding. We now have workshops in Milpitas and in West Oakland. The position will require some travel between locations as well as to and from playhouse builds at corporate sites but will be primarily based in Oakland. The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to stand for extended periods of time. Forklift training will be provided.
$16.50 per hour
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as needed.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: HR@habitatebsv.org