ReStore Customer Service Specialist
Date: Fall 2020
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time and Part Time opportunities available
The ReStore Customer Service Specialist’s primary role is to maintain systems that create an excellent first and last impression for everyone who visits the ReStore. Their core responsibility is to manage the cash register. In addition, they will lead volunteers, assist customers & donors, create a welcoming environment, and maintain our craigslist program.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Lead groups of volunteers in the ongoing operations of the ReStore.
- Assist customers and complete sales transaction through the cash register.
- Create an excellent first and last impression for all ReStore guests.
- Post advertisements using websites such as craigslist.
- Answer the phone and return voicemails with courtesy and respect.
- Collect customer information for the Treasure Hunters email list.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Keep the ReStore clean and organized in addition to making sure all inventory is correctly priced.
- Assist in loading and unloading merchandise from vehicles.
- Assist in developing and adhering to criteria for donated materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Quick learning.
- Must possess (or have the ability to learn) strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Operate a cash register with proficiency. Previous experience with cashiering or customer service is desirable.
- Must be able to supervise volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), eBay, and Craigslist.
- S. Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of fair market values of new and used building materials is a plus (not required)
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus (not required)
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Must have the ability to safely lift 25-50 lbs, stand, squat, bend, climb in/out of truck and multiple times per day. Must be able to stand for (2) 4-hour shifts over the course of an 8 hour workday with periodic breaks.
*This position is based at our Concord Restore Location.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.