Reports to: ReStore Logistics Team
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
The ReStore procures and resells building materials and other related supplies. The Driver/Mover/Warehouse Worker will drive company vehicles and rented box trucks to pick up donations such as furniture and large building materials, and transport the merchandise to the ReStore. This position will require loading and unloading heavy items and driving throughout the Bay Area. This individual will also be required to help the ReStore and warehouse duties on days when jobs are not scheduled.
Essential Functions of Position:
• Ability to drive 26’ bobtail box truck
• Must be able to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs., have full range of motion, and dexterity.
• Must be able to use smart phones/tablets to access daily jobs, issue donation receipts, and use GPS.
• Loads and unloads truck by hand or by use of hand truck, dolly, forklift and follow safety protocols
• Wraps, pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during transportation
• Responsible for upkeep of truck, tools, and equipment
• Knowledge of furniture, appliances, building materials, and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures.
• Observes all state and federal traffic laws and wears a seat belt while in the company vehicle at all times.
• Maintain effective and professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, customers, donors and the public.
• Ability to work independently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience as a route driver or mover required
• At least two-years of driving experience required and must have a clean driving history for the past 5 years. (DMV printout will be required)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a must
• Computer Savvy, analytical and great attention to detail is a must
• Basic knowledge of use of smart phone, tablet, computer is a must
• Experience driving up to 26’ bobtail box truck is a plus
• Warehousing and forklift experience is a plus
• Ability to work with and lead volunteers
• Good oral and written communication skills
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.