Date: July 2021
Department: Development & Communication Dept.
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communication
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
The ReStore Marketing Specialist is a full-time, exempt position, responsible for implementing, maintaining, and communicating all marketing programs for the three ReStore locations operated by Habitat East Bay/Silicon Valley, and for increasing foot traffic and sales measurably at the stores.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore, with locations in Oakland, Concord, and San Jose are a nonprofit home improvement stores and donation center that sell new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. Each ReStore is proudly owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity affiliates, and proceeds are used to build homes, community, and hope locally and around the world.
Program Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implement an annual marketing plan to target key shopper and donor demographics and addresses awareness, lead generation, foot traffic, and sales.
- Lead ReStore’s online presence including website updates, blog content, and social media with the goal of driving traffic to the website and to stores. Manage and create email marketing content including a weekly ‘Treasure Hunters’ email blast.
- Maintain social media accounts and create promotional, interactive, and engaging content on an ongoing basis. Elevate ReStore's online presence by managing online profiles on site like Yelp, Google Business.
- Manage the loyalty program, ReStore Rewards, by identifying and communicating special promotions to select shoppers..
- Coordinate, launch and monitor seasonal and promotional campaigns and events, including creating and editing graphics for print and web.
- Conduct customer persona research and develop strategies to drive increased traffic, engagement and customer retention.
- Facilitate collaborative projects with corporate partners, municipalities, other ReStores in California, and local reuse organizations.
- Apply for grants, implement, monitor, and report out on grant-funded projects.
- Identify KPIs (key performance indicators) and other ROI on various efforts and marketing campaigns. Analyze store foot traffic and point of sales data to identify shopper trends. Analyze data from Google analytics and Google AdWords to track web traffic and SEM.
- Be an active member of the ReStore Marketing Committee and regularly report out and solicit feedback on current and future work, campaign or marketing activity performance, team needs, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Minimum two years’ experience in marketing or a related field required, 3 years preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Digital marketing and social media experience required.
- Experience in retail marketing preferred but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly communicative and collaborative.
- Proficient in Microsoft & Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with social media and website management is desired.
- Ability to work effectively with people across multiple locations and job functions.
- Primarily office work, some travel within our service area of Contra Costa, Alameda, and Santa Clara counties will be required. Occasional night and weekend meetings and events as needed. Partial remote work is also possible.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.