Reports to: Logistics Manager
Classification: Full-Time, non-exempt
Habitat East Bay/Silicon Valley Mission Statement: The mission of Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley (HEBSV) is to create home ownership opportunities for families with limited incomes by building sustainable housing and revitalizing neighborhoods.
Position Purpose: The ReStore procures and resells building materials and other related supplies. The Warehouse Lead is a key role in the operation of our logistics department who will be responsible for all activities at the warehouse/distributions center.
• Control and manage inventory on computer based inventory systems
• Oversee warehouse activity, including freight shipping and receiving, inventory management and customer order fulfillment. Take responsibility of on time operation and inventory accuracy
• Plan and schedule tasks for warehouse team and volunteers to get the job done
• Communicate with the ReStores to track donated and purchased merchandise, product data quality and inventory accuracy
• Plan and oversee warehouse layout and supplies
• Must be able to safely lift minimum of 75 lbs., have full range of motion, and dexterity
• Must be able to use smart phones/tablets/computer to manage inventory and supply work order, packing slips, and necessary documents
• Loads and unloads truck by hand or by use of hand truck, dolly, forklift and follow safety protocols
• Wraps, pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during transportation
• Responsible for upkeep of forklift, tools, equipment, and warehouse
• Maintain effective and professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, customers, donors, and the public
• Merchandising, pricing, and do stock work as needed
• Ability to work independently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Warehousing and forklift experience is a must
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is a must
• Computer Savvy, analytical and great attention to detail is a must
• Knowledge of furniture, appliances, building materials, and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures
• Experience in logistics including warehouse management, shipping & receiving, order fulfillments is strongly desired
• Experience in management is strongly desired
• Experience driving up to 26’ bobtail box truck is a plus
• Ability to engage with and lead volunteers
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving
• Flexible, quickly adapt to change
• High School diploma
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.