Date: Winter 2020
Department: Finance and Operations
Reports to: Controller
Classification: Full-time, exempt, remote
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and general accounting for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley (HEBSV). This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. and ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the preparation of corporate tax documents. The Senior Accountant will have contact with junior-level accountants, the Controller and other departments.
Essential Functions of Position:
• Prepare quarterly and year-end GAAP financial statements for Board and audit review and approval.
• Ensure the quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist in preparation of the Cash Management Report and New Market Tax Credits reporting.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded in a timely manner in appropriate accounts and in accordance with GAAP with monthly journal entries.
• Prepare quarterly G/L adjustments and complex G/L reconciliations.
• Prepare schedules for annual financial audit.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly or quarterly, as appropriate, in order to ensure the accuracy and integrity of HEBSV’s financial records.
• Prepare information for corporate tax returns.
• Prepare staff payroll journal entries.
• Provide financial information for fundraising and project funding requests and reports.
• Support Controller with special projects and adhoc reports.
• Collaborates with the other departments to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Multi-company accounting including a CDFI.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
• Five to seven years prior experience in the financial auditing/reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a non-profit and/or affordable construction or mortgage company is preferred.
• Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with SAGE 300 for Construction and Real Estate is a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, and Word.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
To be successful as a member of the Habitat team, you will also:
• Have a passion for the Habitat mission and a strong desire to impact a growing nonprofit organization.
• Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as needed.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.