Department: Development and Communications
Reports to: Director of Corporate and Community Programs
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley (Habitat) has active construction sites, retail stores (ReStores), playhouse workshops, and offices across Contra Costa, Alameda, & Santa Clara counties. The Volunteer & Community Programs Manager’s primary goal is to manage and represent Habitat’s volunteer and community resources.
- Development and implement a recruitment plan to meet affiliate and program needs.
- Ensure individuals and groups are scheduled and coordinated in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee the Volunteer Coordinators and volunteer coordination related resources & budgets.
- Engage new and on-going volunteers through recruitment, scheduling, orientation, coordination, and/or supervision to ensure that each volunteer has a productive and rewarding experience.
- Coordinate, assist, and implement special projects and events.
- Act as the primary staff manager for key public constituencies, such as returning volunteers, faith groups, and civic organizations.
- Drive or assist with volunteer, civic, corporate, student, & faith related fundraising efforts.
- Ensure high quality volunteer experience at Habitat’s worksites, workshops, ReStores, offices, events, and other activities.
- Develop and execute volunteer related projects that contribute to the overall Habitat mission.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to affordable housing and to Habitat’s mission.
- Previous volunteer management related experience is required. VolunteerHub experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to represent Habitat professionally in the community.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with volunteers, Habitat staff and Board members.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
This position is primarily remote but will require infrequent, regular commute to Habitat’s offices in Oakland and Milpitas, travel to job sites across Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties, and attending evening and weekend meetings/events as needed. Access to a vehicle is required.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as needed.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.