Volunteer Programs Manager
Start Date: Summer 2020
Department: Development and Communications
Reports to: Director, Organizational Giving & Volunteer Engagement
Classification: Full‐Time, Exempt
The Volunteer Programs Manager’s primary goal is to manage and oversee Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley’s (HEBSV) volunteer resources at our sites, stores, offices, etc. The Volunteer Programs Manager heads up the volunteer team and represents the interests of volunteers within the
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure individuals and groups are scheduled and coordinated in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee the Volunteer Coordinators and volunteer coordination related resources.
- Properly steward volunteer recruitment budgets.
- Develop or assist with volunteer related fundraising efforts.
- Promote general volunteer opportunities to faith, corporate, and civic communities.
- Development and implement a recruitment plan to meet affiliate and program needs.
- Engage new and on‐going volunteers through recruitment, scheduling, orientation, coordination, and/or supervision to ensure that each volunteer has a productive and rewarding experience.
- Coordinate, assist, and implement special projects and events.
- Help HEBSV staff to identify and develop new volunteer opportunities and positions.
- Assist with outreach and speaking engagements on behalf of the HEBSV.
- Attend and assist with organizational events.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience leading, supervising, scheduling, and/or coordinating volunteers.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to affordable housing and to Habitat’s mission.
- Ability to represent HEBSV professionally in the community.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with volunteers and HEBSV staff and board
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software and database systems quickly.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
This position will primarily be located in HEBSV’s Oakland office. Travel to job sites across Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties, and attending night and weekend meetings as needed. Travel between HEBSV’s Oakland and Milpitas offices as needed. Access to a vehicle is required.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at email@example.com.